Buffington Optometry, LLC welcomes patients of all ages including infants and seniors. Dr. Kate Buffington specializes in diagnosing and treating learning-related vision problems such as lazy eye (amblyopia), eye turns (strabismus), eye teaming problems, focusing problems, tracking deficits, and visual-perceptual deficits. We have specialized equipment to evaluate exactly what your eyes are doing while you read.Do you skip words or lines, reread lines, or just take a long look at each word? If so, find out more about our Eye Exam and Vision Therapy.
- Comprehensive eye examinations for all ages, including infants, preschoolers, and seniors, including tests to detect cataracts, glaucoma, macular degeneration, and other diseases of the eyes.
- Glasses dispensing and repair
- Contact lens fitting and dispensing, including bifocal, disposable and astigmatism lenses
- Treatment of eye diseases and co-management of surgery
- Laser vision correction (eg. LASIK) co-management and consultation
- Vision therapy for all ages
- Treatment for learning-related vision problems, including ADD/ADHD, dyslexia, reading, and tracking problems, etc.
- Treatment for Binocular Vision Conditions, such as Amblyopia or Lazy Eye, Convergence Insufficiency (near vision disorder), Diplopia (double vision), Lack of Stereopsis (two-eyed depth perception), and Strabismus (cross-eyed, wandering eye, eye turns, etc.)
- Visual Rehabilitation for Patients with Special Needs, such as Developmental Delays or Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI), including Autism, Stroke, Whiplash, CP, MS, etc.
- Treatment for Stress-related Visual Problems, including Blurred Vision, Visual Stress from Reading and Computers, Eye Strain Headaches, and/or Vision-induced Stomachaches or Motion Sickness (C.V.S.)
- Sports vision correction and/or improvement
Buffington Optometry, LLC has locations in Woodruff, WI and Wausau, WI. We also proudly serve Minocqua, Rhinelander, Ashland, Tomahawk, Stevens Point, Marshfield, Wisconsin Rapids, Merrill, Eagle River, Ironwood (MI), Medford, Abbotsford, Antigo, Hayward and surrounding communities. To contact us, call the Woodruff office at 715-358-4060, the Wausau office at 715-845-6600 or send us a secure email.
supervised, treatment program designed
to correct visual-motor and/
or perceptual-cognitive deficiencies.
Vision Therapy sessions include
procedures designed to enhance
the brain’s ability to control movement.